Join HAB and NQC in the end+disparities Learning Exchange
November 28, 2016
The National Quality Center (NQC) and HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB) are pleased to announce the end+disparities Learning Exchange! Please watch the informational video and share it with your colleagues and social media contacts!
The 9-month initiative is open to all Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) recipients and sub-recipients. The Learning Exchange promotes the application of improvement interventions to reduce HIV health outcome disparities in four key sub-populations while building and sustaining a national community of learners. The four sub-populations for the Learning Exchange are:
- Transgender People
- MSM of Color
- African American and Latina Women
- Youth (aged 13-24)
Working to mitigate disparities in HIV health outcomes is a key aspect to the National HIV/AIDS Strategy: Updated to 2020 (NHAS) goals. The Learning Exchange sub-populations are drawn directly from NHAS and activities are organized to maximize RWHAP discussion and spread of core strategies intended to close gaps in HIV health outcomes. A number of novel tools and resources to help RWHAP recipients tackle HIV health outcome disparities are available in addition to an a-la-carte curriculum of educational opportunities designed to help reduce HIV health outcome disparities.
Tools and resources for the Learning Exchange focus on measuring disparities within patient populations and strategies on how to close gaps in HIV health outcomes.
- NQC Disparities Calculator: a statistical tool designed to assist RWHAP providers identify priorities among sub-populations for their focus in this work
- end+disparities Intervention Grid: a customized list of interventions drawn from literature and RWHAP field work aimed at addressing disparities
- NQC ShareLab: an online intervention sharing application open to all HIV providers
- Partners in+care: a toolkit and webinar series that engages people living with HIV in the work
Educational opportunities include several components designed to provide RWHAP recipients with information they need to be successful in the Learning Exchange. Monthly webinars and newsletters provide deep dives into each content area. Periodic Office Hours events allow RWHAP providers and consumers to come together informally to share successes that affect their patients, family, and friends. Partners in+care round table events are discussions for people living with HIV to get involved in this important work and to learn what they can do personally to help close disparity gaps in HIV health outcomes. Educational opportunities through the Learning Exchange follow a monthly calendar of foci that help RWHAP teams addressing disparities in HIV care.
- October 2016: Kick-Off and Welcome
- November 2016: Setting Baselines for Disparities Projects
- December 2016: Working in Local Teams to Address Disparities in Your Region
- January 2017: Transgender Health and Disparities in HIV Care
- February 2017: MSM of Color Health and Disparities in HIV Care
- March 2017: African American and Latina Women Health and Disparities in HIV Care
- April 2017: Youth Aged 13-24 Health and Disparities in HIV Care
- May 2017: Sustaining Improvement Gains That Close Disparity Gaps
- June 2017: Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts: Spreading Your Learning Regionally and Nationally
Visit the calendar for more about upcoming webinars and to access materials from archived events. For additional information, contact Michael Hager – [email protected] or visit www.enddisparitiesExchange.org.