Clinician Core Seminar: Clinical Management of HIV Disease
Thursday, May 7, 2020 - 9:00am to 4:00pm CDT
The purpose of this 1-day training is to familiarize clinicians with the identification and treatment of HIV infection based on current HHS guidelines for testing, primary care, and antiretroviral therapy.
Program Objectives :
- Discuss current trends in the HIV epidemic and their implications for clinical care
- Describe the clinical course of HIV infection and clinical features at each stage of the disease.
- Review laboratory tests used to diagnose HIV and assess a patient's clinical status.
- Examine the current recommendations for managing the primary care of patients with HIV.
- Apply the guidelines for the use and monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV.
CEUs are available.