HIV and Oral Health Update
Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 9:00am to 11:00am EDT
In this oral health webinar, presenters will review HIV disease, oral concerns, trends, and the importance of interprofessional collaboration to improve the health outcomes of people with HIV.
- Discuss the current trends and epidemiology of HIV disease in the U.S.
- Understand the role of oral health in the diagnosis and care of patients with HIV.
- Discuss dental treatment considerations for people with HIV.
- Review the most common oral manifestations seen in association with HIV.
- Review post-exposure management.
- Understand current available resources for providers and those with HIV.
- Discuss the roles of dental and non-dental providers in the overall health and well-being of PWH.
- Review the challenges to care relative to COVID-19.
David Reznik, DDS
Director | Oral Health Center of Grady's Infectious Disease Program
Chief of Dental Medicine Service, Grady Health System
Helene Bednarsh, BS, RDH, MPH
Dental Director, New England AIDS Education and Training Center