HIV Testing & Counseling
Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 9:00am to 4:00pm CDT
This program is designed to help providers improve their HIV test counseling skills to reduce HIV transmission and promote early diagnosis.
- Compare routine testing and risk-based testing strategies
- Assess a patient’s risk for HIV infection
- Identify ways patients/clients can reduce their risk
- Describe techniques for client-centered counseling.
- Demonstrate pretest and post test counseling for rapid HIV testing
- Provide results of HIV test to clients
Registration is required. This training will take place in Chicago, IL. The address will be provided after registering.
CEUs are available.