Institute of Human Virology Case Conference
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 5:30pm to 7:30pm EDT (Open Event)
The goal of this program is to provide physicians who care for people living with HIV the forum to debate current issues and trends associated with the management of HIV and related complications.
- Treat and manage difficult cases in HIV as well as cases that have multiple morbidities like HCV or heart disease and HIV.
- Successfully manage a complex caseload.
- Define the treatment cascade and how to achieve better outcomes along the continuum.
- Define treatment as prevention and describe the role PrEP can play in serodiscordant couples.
- Manage multiple behavioral health issues and describe how they intersect with treatment and management of HIV.
- Identify patients who may benefit from PrEP and discuss how to successfully retain them in care.
Topic(s): HIV Continuum of Care, Pre-exposure Prophylaxis, HIV Primary Care, Case Management, Mental / Behavioral Health, Substance Use / Abuse, Support Services, Comorbidities, Coinfections, & Complications, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Viral Hepatitis Coinfection
Event Type: Conferences & Events
Event Location: Maryland
Source AETC: MidAtlantic AETC
June 5, 2018
June 8, 2018
June 19, 2018
June 20, 2018
June 20, 2018
June 22, 2018
June 26, 2018
June 27, 2018
June 29, 2018