Multidisciplinary Core Seminar: Current Approaches to HIV Care
Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 9:00am CDT to Friday, May 1, 2020 - 4:00pm CDT
This two-day program for primary health and social service providers combines recent research with practical guidelines for a comprehensive approach to the care of persons with HIV and their families.
- Identify current trends in the epidemic and implications for patient care
- Describe the clinical course of HIV and common manifestations associated with it
- Describe laboratory tests used to diagnose HIV and assess a patient's status
- Explain current recommendations for managing the primary care of patients with HIV
- Explain current HIV treatment guidelines for the use and monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV
- Describe the common legal, emotional, and psychosocial issues that affect patient care
- Identify patient issues/concerns that affect the primary care of persons with HIV infection
This training will take place in Chicago, IL. The address will be provided after registering.
CEUs are available.