Preparing for Buprenorphine Treatment Initiation: Selecting, Assessing, and Preparing Clients for Treatment
Monday, October 19, 2020 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm EDT
This is session 2 of the Integrating Buprenorphine Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in HIV Primary Care 5-Part Webinar Series
- Identify appropriate client selection based on protocol criteria and internal referral processes.
- Describe the role of multidisciplinary team members in preparing clients for MOUD treatment.
- Review the process to prepare clients for induction, including developing a treatment agreement.
- Discuss through case presentation the logistics of a patient assessment, enrollment, and induction planning.
- Analyze a patient case to identify potential problems and strategize solutions.