What to Know Before You Start: Preparing to Implement Buprenorphine Treatment in Your HIV or Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Clinic
Monday, October 12, 2020 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm EDT
This is session 1 of the Integrating Buprenorphine Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in HIV Primary Care 5-Part Webinar Series
- Define trends and strategies in response to the opioid crisis and the intersection with HIV epidemic.
- Review a self-assessment readiness checklist to assess internal and external systems capacity.
- Discuss key considerations for developing protocols and procedures to support implementation plans as informed by the self-assessment checklist.
- Describe federal medications for opioid use disorder (MOUD) recordkeeping requirements.
- Understand the basics of buprenorphine treatment, including how it works and formulations available.