Women and PrEP Symposium
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - 8:30am to 4:30pm EST
This full-day symposium will provide discussion necessary to raise the awareness of PrEP availability for women in order to strengthen HIV prevention efforts in this population.
- Describe the current treatment guidelines for PrEP
- Describe how women are impacted by HIV and how they may benefit from PrEP
- Describe management of significant sexually transmitted infections
- Demonstrate sexual history taking skills and increase comfort discussing sexuality with women
- Discuss patient education with practical approaches for patients to adhere to medication and follow-up clinic visits
- CME's/CEU's for physicians, pharmacists, CPH, CHES, MCHES to receive 6.5 contact hours
- MNA approval for 6.5 nursing contact hours
- CEU's provided for social workers, counselors, and therapists 6.5 hours
Contact Dorcas Baker, RN, BSN, MA, ACRN Regional Coordinator, JHU AETC at 443-287-4779 or email [email protected] with any questions.