Access to and Utilization of Health Care
- Carrillo JE, Carrillo VA, Perez HR, Salas-Lopez D, Natale-Pereira A, Byron AT. Defining and targeting health care access barriers. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2011 May;22(2):562-75.
- Grebely J, Oser M, Taylor LE, Dore GJ. Breaking down the barriers to hepatitis C virus (HCV) treatment among individuals with HCV/HIV coinfection: action required at the system, provider, and patient levels. J Infect Dis. 2013 Mar;207 Suppl 1:S19-25.
- Mehta SH, Thomas DL, Sulkowski MS, Safaein M, Vlahov D, Strathdee SA. A framework for understanding factors that affect access and utilization of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection among HCV-mono-infected and HIV/HCV-co-infected injection drug users. AIDS. 2005 Oct;19 Suppl 3:S179-89.
- Cachay ER, Hill L, Wyles D, et al. The hepatitis C cascade of care among HIV infected patients: a call to address ongoing barriers to care. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 18;9(7):e102883.
- Kolman M, DeCoster M, Proeschold-Bell RJ, Hunter GA, Bartlett J, Seña AC. The increasing impact of human immunodeficiency virus infections, sexually transmitted diseases, and viral hepatitis in Durham County, North Carolina: a call for coordinated and integrated services. N C Med J. 2011 Nov-Dec;72(6):439-46.
- Cachay ER, Hill L, Ballard C, et al. Increasing hepatitis C treatment uptake among HIV-infected patients using an HIV primary care model. AIDS Res Ther. 2013 Mar 28;10(1):9.
- Evon DM, Golin CE, Fried MW, Keefe FJ. Chronic hepatitis C and antiviral treatment regimens: where can psychology contribute? J Consult Clin Psychol. 2013 Apr;81(2):361-74.
- Cocoros N, Nettle E, Church D, et al. Screening for Hepatitis C as a Prevention Enhancement (SHAPE) for HIV: an integration pilot initiative in a Massachusetts county correctional facility. Public Health Rep. 2014 Jan-Feb;129 Suppl 1:5-11.
- Milne R, Drost A, Wallace B, et al. From principles to practice: description of a novel equity-based HCV primary care treatment model for PWID. Int J Drug Policy. 2015 Oct;26(10):1020-7.
- Community Access National Network (CANN) – HIV/HCV Co-infection Watch: April 2017. Accessed April 26, 2017.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau. Part B: AIDS Drug Assistance Program. January 2017. Accessed April 26, 2017.
- Center for Medicaid & Medicare Services. Medicaid.gov. HCV Communication: Assuring Medicaid Beneficiaries Access to Hepatitis C (HCV) Drugs. November 5, 2015. Accessed April 26, 2017.