The online tool below contains information about recommended capacities to consider before implementing engagement in care strategies.
- For any “We haven’t even started” or “We’ve been talking about this but haven’t taken action” responses, list next steps to increase capacity in the Comments/Next Steps field.
- After you submit this form, you'll see a print-friendly version that includes your responses.
- For help using this tool in your clinic, please contact your local AIDS Education and Training Center.
- Please see below for printable versions of the Clinic Readiness Assessment as well as two other helpful forms
These tools are based on a template from: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2005). Anti-Retroviral Treatment and Access to Services (ARTAS): An individual-level, multi-session intervention for people who are recently diagnosed with HIV: Implementation Manual.
Helpful resources to check out if you rated your clinic low in key areas
- My clinic has staff buy-in to increase our engagement/retention in care activities.
- My clinic has identified a standardized way to measure engagement/retention in care.
- My clinic routinely does an assessment of patient-level barriers and facilitators to Engagement in Care (i.e. finances, mental health, transportation, etc).
- My clinic has a process to evaluate patient experiences in place.
- My clinic has a process in place to use data to create changes that will assist in continual improvement.