Slides from a 1-day course for primary care physicians and mid-level clinicians, which combines the latest research with current treatment guidelines for managing patients with HIV.
- Discuss current trends in HIV epidemiology and their implications for clinical care
- Describe the clinical course of HIV infection and its most common manifestations
- Review laboratory tests used to diagnose HIV and assess a patient's clinical status
- Examine the current recommendations for managing the primary care of patients with HIV
- Apply current HIV treatment guidelines for the use and monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV