NCQA is redesigning its PCMH Recognition program! The redesigned program—to be launched March 31, 2017—includes ongoing, sustained recognition status with annual check-in and reporting instead of the current program's three-year recognition cycle. The program offers:
- Flexibility. Practices take the path to recognition that suits their strengths, schedule and goals.
- Personalized service. Practices get more interaction with NCQA. Each practice is assigned a Relationship Manager who’ll serve as the primary NCQA contact.
- User-friendly approach. Reporting requirements remain meaningful, but with simplified reporting and less paperwork.
- Continuous improvement. Annual check-ins help practices strengthen as medical homes by reviewing progress and encouraging performance improvement more frequently.
- Alignment with changes in health care. The program aligns with current public and private initiatives and can adapt to future changes.