This edition of the City Health Information publication from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene presents recommendations for health care providers (Vol 33. No. 4;29-36).
- Provide a welcoming environment for men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Take a sexual history as a routine part of primary care and remember that MSM may not identify as gay
- Routinely screen for alcohol, drug use, tobacco use, depression, HIV, and other STIs
- Counsel on consistent condom use and the new HIV prevention medications, PEP and PrEP
- Vaccinate against human papillomavirus (HPV), hepatitis A virus, and hepatitis B virus
Topic(s): Step 1: Preventing New Infections, Step 2: Identifying Cases through HIV Testing & Diagnosis, Step 3: Connecting People with HIV to Quality HIV Care, Step 4: Keeping People with HIV in Quality HIV Care, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Health Disparities, Sexual and Gender Minorities
Resource type: Articles, Reports, and Manuals