Resources for Integrating Mental Health and Substance Abuse Care with Primary Care
Compiled by the AETC Mental Health Committee in 2014-2015.
This resource listing is organized to support the Mental Health/Substance Use Care: Clinic/Health Center Readiness Assessment Tool. Download Listing Handout
- SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS):
- Organizational Assessment Toolkit for Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration (OATI), SAMHSA-HRSA CIHS
- Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration: Guiding Principles for Workforce Development, SAMHSA-HRSA CIHS
- The Academy: Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Staff/Clinical Team Readiness
- Assessing Office Readiness: Toolkit for Improving Your Office Testing Process. August 2013. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Any Mental Illness (AMI) Among Adults. National Institute of Mental Health.
- Health Literacy: Organization Assessment Tools. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Depression Screening Tools. Validated tools for download and modification. PHQ-9, PHQ-2, and PHQ-A. English and Spanish.
- Screening Tools. SAMHSA/HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions.
- AHRQ Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit: 2nd edition. February 2015. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Health Literacy. National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Topic overview with focus on cultural competency; program tools.
- Laws, Regulations, and Guidelines. SAMHSA topic overview.
- Engagement in Care Toolkit, February 2014. AETC.
- Treatment Improvement Protocols (TIPS). SAMHSA.
- Motivational Interviewing Resource Library. Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT).
- The Collaborative Care Model: An Approach for Integrating Physical and Mental Health Care in Medicaid Health Homes. May 2013. Health Home Information Resource Center, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- NIMH Outreach Partnership Program. National Institute of Mental Health.
- AIDS Education & Training Center Program Directory. Listing of regional/local centers offering individualized training, capacity building, and technical assistance.
- Multicultural Resource Guide and Action Plan. Department of Mental Health Cultural Competence, Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions. Services include virtual Innovation Communities and free 1-hour consultation with integration experts.
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Readiness
- Selecting Quality and Resource Use Measures: A Decision Guide for Community Quality Collaboratives. Romano PS, Hussey P, Ritley D. May 2010. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- The Center for Quality Assessment and Improvement in Mental Health