The purpose of this training is to improve providers’ capacity to screen, medically manage, and provide advanced care for patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV).
- Identify risk factors for HCV which indicate that a patient should be tested
- Discuss the epidemiology of HCV, HIV, HBV, and other co-morbidities
- Describe the pretreatment evaluation, including patient history, physical exam, lab assessments, staging, and readiness assessment
- Classify the different HCV genotypes and recommended treatment selections
- Discuss appropriate monitoring while a patient is undergoing HCV treatment
- Identify common drug-drug interactions and pharmacological considerations
- Summarize ART selection and viral resistance for HIV positive patients