The national centers within the AETC Program serve unique roles within and beyond the AETC network.
- National Coordinating Resource Center -- works closely with the HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau to coordinate cross-regional collaborative efforts, manages this website, plans and executes the national Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Clinical Conference, and develops an online curriculum for clinical learners.
- National Evaluation Center -- works with regional and local AETCs on cross-region evaluation projects.
- National Clinician Consultation Center -- manages HIV clinical hotlines and warmlines for clinicians.
- International Training and Education Center for Health -- works with HRSA and other global partners to build clinical capacity in countries most impacted by the HIV epidemic.
- Special Programs of National Significance (SPNS) Models of Care -- developmental projects sponsored by HRSA to evaluate best practices in HIV care.