- Understand the prevalence and financial burden of falls and fall-related injuries.
- Appreciate the comorbidities and factors that raise the fall risk among those aging with HIV.
- Learn how fall risk is assessed and managed in a Fall Prevention Clinic and how to apply those elements to your practice.
- Drop the idea that a "mechanical ground-level fall" is "non-medical" or not worthy of further evaluation or preventative efforts.
- Identify the common extrinsic and intrinsic factors that cause falls and how to address those that are modifiable.
Documents with preview