November 30, 2020
This lesson will focus on identifying, diagnosing, and evaluating acute HCV infection.
- AASLD-IDSA. HCV testing and linkage to care. Recommendations for testing, managing, and treating hepatitis C.
- Fox RK. Diagnosis of acute HCV infection. Hepatitis C Online.
- Kamal SM. Acute hepatitis C: a systematic review. Am J Gastroenterol. 2008 May;103(5):1283-97.
- Sharma SA, Feld JJ. Acute hepatitis C: management in the rapidly evolving world of HCV. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2014 Feb;16(2):371.
- Center for Disease Control. Surveillance for Viral Hepatitis -- United States, 2014.
- Center for Disease Control. Surveillance for Viral Hepatitis -- United States, 2015.
- Campbell CA, Canary L, Smith N, Teshale E, Ryerson B, Ward J. State HCV Incidence and policies related to HCV preventive and treatment services for persons who inject drugs -- United States, 2015-2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017 May 12;66(18):465-469.
- Thornton K. Natural history of hepatitis C infection. Hepatitis C Online.
- Steininger K, Boyd A, Dupke S, et al. HIV-positive men who have sex with men are at high risk of development of significant liver fibrosis after an episode of acute hepatitis C. J Viral Hepat. 2017 Apr 25. [Epub ahead of print].
- Spach DH. Hepatitis C diagnostic testing. Hepatitis C Online.
- AASLD-IDSA. Management of acute HCV infection. Recommendations for testing, managing, and treating hepatitis C.
- Fox RK, Spach DH. Treatment of acute hepatitis C infection. Hepatitis C Online.
- HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating HCV. AASLD-IDSA.
- Hepatitis C Online. Online training modules and resource library cover topics including screening, diagnosis, evaluation, staging, treatment, complications and comorbidities. From the CDC and University of Washington. Free CME and CEU