Section 5: Recommendations for Subpopulations of HIV/HCV Co-infected Persons
Core Competency 5
At the end of this section, participants will be able to discuss evidence-based recommendations for subpopulations of HIV/HCV co-infected people of color.
To earn free continuing education credits (CME or CNE), you must register and complete the course modules on the Rutgers University Center for Professional Development website.
- National Clinician Consultation Center Perinatal Hotline: (888) 448-8765 (24/7)
- Recommendations for Use of Antiretroviral Drugs in Pregnant HIV-1-Infected Women for Maternal Health and Interventions to Reduce Perinatal HIV Transmission in the United States. Panel on Treatment of HIV-Infected Pregnant Women and Prevention of Perinatal Transmission.
Mental Health and Depression
- Depression Screening Tools. PHQ-2 and PHQ-9. Downloadable in English and Spanish. AETC NCRC.
- Information for PTSD Professionals. PTSD Alliance.
- Mental Health Screening. HIV Clinical Resource. NYSDOH AIDS Institute.
- National Center for PTSD. U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
- National HIV Curriculum: Tools and Calculators. Online, validated mental health and substance abuse disorder screening tools. AETC NCRC.
- PREP - C: HCV Psychosocial Assessment Tool. The Psychosocial Readiness Evaluation and Preparation for Hepatitis C Treatment (PREP-C) is a free interactive online tool that enables you to provide a thorough assessment of a patient’s psychosocial readiness to begin Hepatitis C treatment, and make a treatment plan to improve treatment readiness.Available in English and Spanish. Mt. Sinai School of Medicine.
Substance Use Disorders
- Alcohol and Hepatitis Palm Card (Spanish)
- Health Care Professionals: Help Your Patients Quit Smoking. CDC. Tobacco
- Providers’ Clinical Support System for Medication Assisted Treatment. (PCSS-MAT) Free training for clinicians to qualify for DEA waiver for opioid addiction treatment.
- SBIRT: Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment. SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions. Alcohol and illicit drug use.
- Smokefree.gov. Tools and tips for tobacco smokers.
- Treatment. Online tools and resources. National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA).
- Treatments for Substance Abuse. Online tools and resources. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).