- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Let’s Stop HIV Together: Stigma Fact Sheet. Available at Let's Stop HIV Together. Accessed September 25, 2019.
- UNAIDS. On the Fast-Track to end AIDS by 2030: Focus on location and population. 2015.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine: 8600 Rockville Pike, Bethesda MD.
- Metzl JM, Hansen H. Structural competency: Theorizing a new medical engagement with stigma and inequality. SocSci Med. 2014 Feb;103:126-33.
- Audet CM, McGowan CC, Wallston KA, Kipp AM. Relationship between HIV stigma and self-isolation among people living with HIV in Tennessee. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 8;8(8):e69564.
- Reece M, Tanner AE, Karpiak S, Coffey K. The impact of HIV-related stigma on HIV care and prevention providers. J HIV AIDS Soc Serv. 2007;6(3):55-73.
- Nyblade LC. Measuring HIV stigma: existing knowledge and gaps. Psychol Health Med. 2006 Aug;11(3):335-45.
- Ogunmefun C, Gilbert L, Schatz E. Older female caregivers and HIV/AIDS-related secondary stigma in rural South Africa. J Cross Cult Gerontol. 2011 Mar;26(1):85-102.
- Mak WW, Cheung RY, Law RW, Woo J, Li PC, Chung RW. Examining attribution model of self-stigma on social support and psychological well-being among people with HIV+/AIDS. Soc Sci Med. 2007 Apr;64(8):1549-59.
- Earnshaw VA, Bogart LM, Dovidio JF, Williams DR. Stigma and racial/ethnic HIV disparities: moving toward resilience. Am Psychol. 2013 May-Jun;68(4):225-36.
- Mahajan AP, Sayles JN, Patel VA, et al. Stigma in the HIV/AIDS epidemic: a review of the literature and recommendations for the way forward. AIDS. 2008 Aug;22 Suppl 2:S67-79.
- Siyam’kela Project, The POLICY Project. HIV/AIDS Stigma Resource Pack. 2005.