Preventing HCV Reinfection
This lesson focuses on prevention of HCV re-infection prevention among people with HIV. Those who have been successfully treated for (or cured of) HCV in the past.
- Grady BP, Schinkel J, Thomas XV, Dalgard O. Hepatitis C virus reinfection following treatment among people who use drugs. Clin Infect Dis. 2013 Aug;57 Suppl 2:S105-10.
- Blackard JT, Sherman KE. Hepatitis C virus coinfection and superinfection. J Infect Dis. 2007 Feb 15;195(4):519-24.
- Islam N, Krajden M, Shoveller J, et al; British Columbia Hepatitis Testers Cohort (BC-HTC) team. Incidence, risk factors, and prevention of hepatitis C reinfection: a population-based cohort study. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017 Mar;2(3):200-210.
- Martinello M, Grebely J, Petoumenos K, et al. HCV reinfection incidence among individuals treated for recent infection. J Viral Hepat. 2017 May;24(5):359-370.
- Young J, Rossi C, Gill J, et al; Canadian Co-infection Cohort Investigators. Risk factors for hepatitis C virus reinfection after sustained virologic response in patients coinfected with HIV. Clin Infect Dis. 2017 May 1;64(9):1154-1162.
- Des Jarlais DC, Nugent A, Solberg A, Feelemyer J, Mermin J, Holtzman D. Syringe service programs for persons who inject drugs in urban, suburban, and rural areas — United States, 2013. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015 Dec 11;64(48):1337-41.