Treatment as Prevention
- Cohen MS, Chen YQ, McCauley M, et al. Prevention of HIV-1 infection with early antiretroviral therapy. New Engl J Med. 2011; 365(6):493-505.
- Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB, CDC. HIV treatment as prevention. November 2, 2015. Accessed April 18, 2017
- Grady BP, Schinkel J, Thomas XV, Dalgard O. Hepatitis C virus reinfection following treatment among people who use drugs. CID. 2013; 57(2):5105-5110.
- CDC, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention. Incorporating HIV prevention into the medical care of persons living with HIV. Recommendations of CDC, the HRSA, the NIH, and the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. MMWR. 2003;52(RR12):1-24.
- CDC. Incorporating prevention into the routine medical care of patients with HIV. 2010. Accessed May 3, 2017
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep 2015;64(No. RR-3): 1-137. Accessed July 3, 2017
- Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the use of antiretroviral agents in HIV-1-infected adults and adolescents. Hepatitis C (HCV)/HIV coinfection. Department of Health and Human Services. Available at aidsinfo.nih.gov. Section accessed April 19, 2017
- Islam N, Krajden M, Shoveller J, et al. Incidence, risk factors, and prevention of hepatitis C reinfection: a population-based cohort study. The Lancet Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2017; 2(3):200-210.
- Fuster D, Sanvisens A, Bolao F, Rivas I, Tor J, Muga R. Alcohol use disorder and its impact on chronic hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virus infections. World J Hepatol. 2016;8(31):1295–1308.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Screening Tools. National HIV Curriculum, AETC National Coordinating Resource Center.
- Get Tested, National HIV, STD, and Hepatitis Testing Directory
- Search by location