The HCV Care Continuum
This lesson will focus on the HCV Care Continuum. It will examine the number and percentages of people with HIV who have been tested for HCV infection.
It will also review people:
- Diagnosed with chronic HCV infection
- Linked to HCV care
- Prescribed HCV treatment
- That have completed HCV treatment
- Who have achieved a sustained HCV virologic response (SVR)
- Hall HI, An Q, Tang T; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of diagnosed and undiagnosed HIV infection -- United States, 2008-2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015 Jun 26;64(24):657-62.
- CDC. HIV and Viral Hepatitis. 2016.
- Freiman JM, Huang W, White L, et al. Current practices of screening for incident hepatitis C virus infection among HIV-infected, HCV-uninfected individuals. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Dec 15;59(12):1686-93.
- Cachay ER, Hill L, Wyles D, et al. The hepatitis C cascade of care among HIV infected patients: a call to address ongoing barriers to care. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 18;9(7):e102883.
- Oluwatoyin A, Effinger S, Vibhakar S, et al. The CORE HCV cascade a decade later: looking ahead to an IFN-free era. In: Program and abstracts of the 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; March 3-6, 2014; Boston. Abstract 671.
- Yehia BR, Schranz AJ, Umscheid C, Lo Re III V. The treatment cascade for chronic hepatitis C virus infection in the United States. A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS One. 2014 Jul 2;9(7):e101554.