Skip to main content
- Know the number of PWH in the United States
- Be familiar with research related to the incidence and prevalence of chronic HCV infection among PWH
- Be familiar with estimates of co-infected PWH who:
- are linked to HCV care
- are prescribed HCV treatment
- have achieved a sustained HCV virologic response
- Hall HI, An Q, Tang T; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of diagnosed and undiagnosed HIV infection -- United States, 2008-2012. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015 Jun 26;64(24):657-62.
- CDC. HIV and Viral Hepatitis. 2016.
- Freiman JM, Huang W, White L, et al. Current practices of screening for incident hepatitis C virus infection among HIV-infected, HCV-uninfected individuals. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Dec 15;59(12):1686-93.
- Cachay ER, Hill L, Wyles D, et al. The hepatitis C cascade of care among HIV infected patients: a call to address ongoing barriers to care. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 18;9(7):e102883.
- Oluwatoyin A, Effinger S, Vibhakar S, et al. The CORE HCV cascade a decade later: looking ahead to an IFN-free era. In: Program and abstracts of the 21st Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; March 3-6, 2014; Boston. Abstract 671.
- Yehia BR, Schranz AJ, Umscheid C, Lo Re III V. The treatment cascade for chronic hepatitis C virus infection in the United States. A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS One. 2014 Jul 2;9(7):e101554.